LETTERS FROM A WINDOW IN THE SKY
A Tribute to Astrid Lindgren & Pippi
Join us for a fun-filled theatrical experience for kids of all ages! One particularly miserable day, a young woman befriends a talking duck on a trip to the park. Together they find a mysterious letter which leads them on a fantastic adventure around the world in search of the elusive white elephant. Along the way they encounter various characters from Astrid Lindgren’s most beloved stories. Audience members will delight in this magical journey through some of the finest children’s literature. Join us at the Riggi Theater starting July 9th! Tickets are available online or via phone at 518 584-7780. See below for more info.
Get your tickets for LETTERS FROM A WINDOW IN THE SKY! Available at Brown Paper Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1475565 or call 518-584-7780 to reserve your seats now. Public performances of will be Saturday and Sunday, July 11 and 12 at 2 pm in the Riggi Theatre at the National Museum of Dance, 99 South Broadway in Saratoga Springs. LIMITED SEATING. Tickets are available at the door or can be reserved at 518 584-7780 or online. $15 for adults, $10 for children under 16. Performances July 9 and 10 are sold out to school groups, please call to inquire about availability.
EXCITING THEATRE ARTS PROGRAMS OFFERED
BY THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF DANCE SCHOOL OF THE ARTS / THE CREATIVE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
Attention aspiring actors & actresses! The National Museum of Dance (SOA) is pleased to continue our collaboration with The Creative Place International (CPI), a Saratoga-based non-profit theater arts organization. This exciting upcoming theater arts program will include two workshops this October, 2015:
- Acting for Adults will be held every Monday from 7pm to 9pm for ten weeks from October 5 through December 7
- Provides an intellectual, emotional and physical approach to creating a character through script analysis and fundamentals of acting. The focus will be on preparation of a monologue and scene study work.
- Creative Dramatics will be held every Tuesday from 4pm to 5:15pm for ten weeks from October 6 through December 8
- Interactive drama guiding children through improvisation and role playing. Designed to teach acting skills and encourage self-confidence.
- The tuition cost for each session is $250. Miminum enrollment: 10 All classes are held in the Southeast Gallery.
- For more information about any of the SOA/CPI Theatre Workshops and other classes at the SOA, please email email@example.com or call 518-584-2225 ext. 3008.
Due to popular demand The Creative Place International and the National Museum of Dance School of Arts brought back Pinocchio for a limited engagement in December. Our special live stage version of the beloved tale follows Pinocchio on the fantastic journey that takes him from puppet to boy. Capturing the lively spirit of the classic Carlo Collodi story with authentic Italian flair and music, this new Pinocchio was featured on the front page of the Saratogian newspaper. Read the story here:
CPI presents workshops for young playwrights and performers at the Museum of Dance. Master teachers for previous sessions included Broadway director and choreographer Patricia Birch and Tony Award winner Ron Holgate.
Some comments by previous students on their experience:
“I liked working on a monologue and specific scenes—it was nice to channel our skills into specific presentations…”
“…when Pat Birch came in and we did the bus improvisation…”
“I liked making our own characters…and the master classes…”
“I liked writing the stories and then writing lines for the scenes…”
“I liked meeting new people and it was interesting to see what different things they brought to the workshop…”
“I learned a lot and it was sooo much fun!”
“I really like meeting the master teachers and having them talk with us…”
“I liked everything!”
THE CREATIVE PLACE INTERNATIONAL, INC. P.O. Box 99 Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
For more information call: 518 584-7780