A powerful new drama by Jeffrey Sweet, profiling the famous radical attorney who defended the Chicago Seven. Starring Broadway veteran Jeff McCarthy as William Kunstler. See the show the New York Times called "wise and revealing." LIMITED SEATING. Tickets are available online or via phone at 518 584-7780. See below for more info.
Tickets for KUNSTLER are available online at:
Friday & Saturday, January 30, & 31, 2015 at 7:30pm and Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 2pm
SPECIAL BENEFIT PERFORMANCE Thursday, January 29, 2015 - A special gala event at the National Museum of Dance featuring excerpts from KUNSTLER and a spirited roundtable headed by Attorney E. Stewart Jones with members of the Capital District legal profession with Jeff McCarthy as William Kunstler in a discussion of Kunstler's legacy and the law. A reception follows. All proceeds will benefit The Creative Place International production and education programs.
Tickets for the CPI GALA EVENT are available online at:
EXCITING THEATRE ARTS PROGRAMS OFFERED
BY THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF DANCE SCHOOL OF THE ARTS / THE CREATIVE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
Attention aspiring actors & actresses! The National Museum of Dance School of the Arts (SOA) is pleased to continue our collaboration with The Creative Place International (CPI), a Saratoga-based non-profit theater arts organization. This exciting upcoming theater arts program will include four workshops this February and March, 2015:
- Acting for Teens will be held on Mondays from 4pm to 6pm for eight weeks from February 2 through March 16
- Provides each teen with an understanding of character analysis and the fundamentals of a performance. The work will culminate in a presentation of monologues and/or scenes fro family and friends.
- Acting for Adults will be held every Monday from 7pm to 9pm for eight weeks from February 2 through March 16
- Provides an intellectual, emotional and physical approach to creating a character through script analysis and fundamentals of acting. The focus will be on preparation of a monologue and scene study work.
- Creative Dramatics will be held every Tuesday from 4pm to 5pm for eight weeks from February 3 through March 17
- Interactive drama guiding children through improvisation and role playing. Designed to teach acting skills and encourage self-confidence.
- Play Production (ages 11-16) will be held on February 16-20 from 10am to 4pm
- Students in the weeklong workshop will mount a production of a short play fro presentation to family and friends at the end of the workshop.
- The tuition cost for each session is $200. Miminum enrollment: 8 All classes are held in the Southeast Gallery.
- For more information about any of the SOA/CPI Theatre Workshops and other classes at the SOA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-584-2225 ext. 3008.
Due to popular demand The Creative Place International and the National Museum of Dance School of Arts brought back Pinocchio for a limited engagement in December. Our special live stage version of the beloved tale follows Pinocchio on the fantastic journey that takes him from puppet to boy. Capturing the lively spirit of the classic Carlo Collodi story with authentic Italian flair and music, this new Pinocchio was featured on the front page of the Saratogian newspaper. Read the story here:
CPI presents workshops for young playwrights and performers at the Museum of Dance. Master teachers for previous sessions included Broadway director and choreographer Patricia Birch and Tony Award winner Ron Holgate.
Some comments by previous students on their experience:
“I liked working on a monologue and specific scenes—it was nice to channel our skills into specific presentations…”
“…when Pat Birch came in and we did the bus improvisation…”
“I liked making our own characters…and the master classes…”
“I liked writing the stories and then writing lines for the scenes…”
“I liked meeting new people and it was interesting to see what different things they brought to the workshop…”
“I learned a lot and it was sooo much fun!”
“I really like meeting the master teachers and having them talk with us…”
“I liked everything!”
THE CREATIVE PLACE INTERNATIONAL, INC. P.O. Box 99 Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
For more information call: 518 584-7780